Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Art challenge update

Hey all!!

So, school got busy and life as well, so I have fallen behind on the challenge. HOWEVER!! I have a few pictures for the blog!


 Ok, to two, the portrait was a portrait I did for practice, on this one I was messing around a bit with my color theory knowledge.  The landscape was a really important piece for me. I had just realized a bunch of stuff about color and light and I needed to record it, so I did this plein air piece.
 This one was inspired by artwork from the magazine High Frictose. Good stuff in there, check it out guys!

These two are concept sketches for a school assignment I have. I am concepting out a wizards camp for a MOBA video game. Its turning out pretty well so far, so I might be sharing some picures of that soon!
 This one is a fan art sketch i didnt finish. Its of Ruki from the Dungeons and Dragons Out of the Abyss Live podcast. I didnt get too far with her, but I may go back and finish her up.
 The top one is a master copy of Jesse van Dijk's concept art of a Fallen Ketch from Destiny. Really good concept art, I highly recommend you check out his art!
The other one is another master copy/sketch of Fragonard's  The Swing. I love how he did the trees and I wanted to see how that was done. I love the atmosphere he achieved. I love paintings in the Rococo period because of the atmospheric effects they achieved. Also the realism in the rendering of the figures.


Lots more coming soon, I'm just behind on photographing everything. Trust me, my sketchbook is CHALK full of paintings I cant WAIT to put up! Some I might even push farther just for you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment