Wow, i haven't posted for a while. But here it is!!
This top one is my design for a Japanese centipede spirit. I looked to insects, sand worms, and caterpillars for inspiration and design elements to put it together. I also had a few images in mind for the feel, a massive creature walking out of the mist (the image I had in mind came from the cover for the book "The Fall of Gods"(http://www.thefallofgods.com/) but there were others I had sen in previous issues of Spectrum.) I did this design for an application to a game card company that was looking for an artist, but their ad was taken off the job board.
Did this one while watching Jurassic Park 3. I have been watching a LOT of underwater movies and videos lately. Something bout the eeriness of having large shadowy shapes in murky water just intrigues me. I love huge sea creatures, and the fact that what is in the ocean is a mystery drives my imagination wild. I want to draw and tell the story of whatever is down there, create it, so I know what it is.
These next few are some fan arts. The one above isn't finished, but its a start. Its a fan art of Lux from League of Legends. I liked her costume and her bright personality. I really wanted to do a League of Legends painting, since I derive so much motivation from that game, from the art to the dedication of MLG players that have mastered it.
These next two are fan art concepts for the video game Destiny. I love the fan theory/cannon (I really cant tell which is which now) that the Fallen once walked in the Light and were guardians, and I love the idea that they still could become guardians! that would be sooo sick for gameplay! Imagine wielding two guns, or four swords, or one gun and two swords, etc. It would be LEGIT! so I wanted to do those concepts out. It is more fan artsy, but I figure Im drawing, im excited about it, and lots of artists on Artstation are doing TONS of fan art right now, so I figure why not? Oh, and the last design, i think the Kroot from Warhammer 40K slipped in there somehow. I knew those head spikes looked familliar......
Anyhow, last up is the first WIP for painting I hope to finish soon. Its of a villains' lair, and its based on a school class assignment I did last semester, and I wanted to go and finish it up! Here is the reference I put together in Maya for it (my own custom reference):
and here is the line art I did for the class: its a bit light, but I photoedited it so that I could moree asily paint it in Photoshop. nd here is the image so far:
Im frustrated with it, but I feel like its coming along!
I know im behind about a week, week and a half, but Im hopefully going to ctch up soon. Im fro sure going to try not to fall any more behind, and once school is over, I can pull overtime to finish up! or I can live that dream of being caught up now! Im all about living my dreams. Oh, one thing Im going to try is listening to motivational talks while i work, to get me psyched up. Either that or become nocturnal, because I seem to work better at night. Though I think thats just me working best whn I have a deadline to meet that is firm, yet not impossible. Im going to have to start imposing those on myself....
Have fun!!! Keep working!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment