Friday, May 20, 2016

Digital figure studies!

Hey guys!!

Yeah I know, I owe you all a TON of pictures, well, Im happy to inform you that I have another art dump for this week.

This week, I guess I went with a  theme this time, which was not intentional! I'm currently taking a figure drawing class at BYUI and I get TONS of reference photos each time, so this week, I took the photos and used them for some figure studies, and boy did they turn out better than I thought! I did mostly value studies, focusing on getting light and dark right. I did this an illustrator came and did a workshop at our school, and he said that he does paintings only in black and white all the time. I liked this exercise because it simplified painting in color in photoshop (which I personally find to be difficult).

So here they are!

I apologize they are all out of order, I believe the order they are in are as follows: #4 #3 #5 #2 #1. The last two I had some fun with because I didn't think the shadows were dark enough, so I ended up using he burn tool to darken those up. Fun practice with that tool!

Anyways, I owe all of you about 2 paintings from last weekend, but dont quote me on that, since I have yet to actually do a day count.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment